A Common Misunderstanding About SEO

I really don’t think it’s fair to describe the industry as a complete without figuring out what is wrong with it and how New York City SEO company can conquer it. Just how exactly do we determine what’s good and bad about the industry? I’ve now been involved with the internet for over 10 years and, specifically, with the best local SEO company for almost 4 years and I’ve seen the inner workings of major search engine optimization firms and worked with customers that had been burnt with their previous local SEO agencies. Combined with numerous Internet postings and discussion debates speaking about the same basic problems, I have compiled a listing of the most common troubles.

seo new york ny

Responsibility for Outcomes

It is no secret that the vast majority of search engine optimization companies have no responsibility for outcomes. It’s a simple fact that no affordable SEO company can guarantee results (and if they do, they are lying to you personally). Additionally it is true that the customer is taking a risk by spending money with an search engine optimization company that basically says ‘We will do what we can’. Search engine optimization companies simply guarantee they will do the job to ‘optimize’ the site, but without complete disclosure of the methodology, what exactly is the customer paying for? No other business sells a product without any guarantees and no particular list of work that will be completed. Needless to say, SEO New York company work is essentially the revenue of information and keeping the particulars of a methodology is vital, but the combo of secrecy and no obligation for results really makes SEO New York NY insecure. So, how do an search engine optimization company reduce the risk for the customer and provide the best grade of support?

Incentive Based Pricing

The only real way to decrease the financial risk of this customer would be to discuss the risk. Through incentive-based pricing, the SEO New York NY may control a certain percentage of the total contract (say 70%) to pay their intellectual property and period while placing the rest of the contract cost (staying 30%) in incentives for success. Needless to say, incentives and their percentage of the contract would be wholly relative based on the effort. This first step into sharing at the danger provides both reassurance to the customer that the provider believes in its own methodology and puts a number of the fiscal burden of the campaign on the search engine optimization company. At the moment, however, very few SEO New York NY companies are willing to share in the risk and charge exactly the same cost whether the customer gets high rankings or no rankings at all (or even lower positions).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s